How to install the ceiling light
Mar 5, 2020 1:24:36 PM
- ➥Installation principle
- ➥Installation and mounting to the ceiling
- ➥Fixing a lamp to a mounting bar
- ➥Hanging a lamp on a hook
- ➥Assembly of shades and decorative elements.
- ➥Instructions in PDF
- ➥Assembly video
You have to start with the arms. Depending on the construction of the light fixture, the number of arms may be different, but the installation principle is always the same:
1. Put the arm wires into the mounting hole in the base.
2. Fix the arm with a nut.
3. Connect the wires. Check the wires coming out of each branch. You should see the neutral wire which is blue, and the live is brown or sometimes red.
4. The wires must first be cut to a length of 1.5 cm with wire cutters. Then, simply twist the wires together: blue with blue and red with red.
If you find that the wires are very long and do not fit into the center block you are free to shorten them with a pair of wire cutters.
5. In order to connect these wires to the central cable, they have to be tightened according to their colours.
6. Please put the insulation caps on the wires.
Installation and mounting to the ceiling
Switch off the power supply, either by removing the fuse from the room or by switching off the main power supply!
Make sure the fixture is supplied with necessary parts (such as a hook or stud, or a bar with holes for screws) and check the compatibility of this installation with the mounting system supplied with your fixture:
Fixing a lamp to a mounting bar:
1. Compare the width of the hole in the ceiling with the screw spacing of your fastening system.
2. Measure distance between the holes in the bar for the screws and drill 2 holes around the electrical supply.
3. Fix the dowels in the holes and screw the bar to the ceiling
4. Connect the wires coming out of the ceiling with those of the central cable of the light fitting. Please use a clamp, a plastic piece with screws that tighten and hold the wires in contact position. The connection is also made according to the colours of the wires (as was done with the inner wires of the lamp).
5. Screw the light fitting to the bar with the central bolt or hang it on the hook.
6. Screw on the central nut of the chandelier.
Look out! Before drilling, the wiring must be laid out in such a way that it is not damaged during drilling.
Careful! Do not press the wiring tightly together with the cable to avoid damage to the cords.
Hanging a lamp on a hook:
1. Before installation, attach the mounting tools (a stud or hook) to the ceiling.
2. Connect the wires coming out of the ceiling with those of the central cable of the lamp. Please use a clamp, a plastic piece with screws that tighten and hold the wires in the contact position. The connection is also carried out according to the colours of the wires (as was done with the internal wires of the lamp).
3. Put on the ceiling cup.
4. Hang the chandelier.
5. Set the wire cover to hide the wires, the clamp and the hole in the ceiling.
Final stage. Assembly of shades and decorative elements.
1. Unscrew the locking ring.
2. Put the glass globe or a fabric shade on the socket.
3. Do not overtighten when fastening the ring!
4. Place a bulb and fix it in the base. Do the same for all the arms of the fixture. Pay attention to the maximum permitted wattage for the bulb, which is indicated on the frame.
5. Attach the decorative elements if they are included in a package.
6. Turn the power back on.
Here are the instructions in PDF for download.
You can watch the assembly video: